Monday 25 July 2016

Still nothing

Nine months ago I went and had 'A visit to a Special Housing Area' near to us. Three months later I went and had another look: nothing had happened on site, which led me to wonder, 'How 'special' are Special Housing Areas?'

And yes, you've guessed it, I went along again, over the weekend. The big tree has lost its leaves, but otherwise all is as before - still no sign of the apartment block that the Special Housing Area was meant to fast track.


On the other hand the non-fast-tracked apartment block at 1/23 Bute Road, just down from the Special Housing Area, is coming along just fine, as you can see below.



So: I'm prepared to believe that Special Housing Areas were a well-meaning initiative. And I agree, this is a sample of one. But my question would be: where is the evidence that they have made any positive difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - sorry about the Captcha step for real people like yourself commenting, it's to baffle the bots